What a year 2020 has been! The influx of packages and mail going though The United States Postal Service (USPS) has reached unprecedented levels that no one was prepared for. From more online shopping to mail in ballots to prioritized shipments for COVID-19, the very infrastructure of our mail system is completely overwhelmed. Even our own processing times are longer due to our COVID-19 policy that can be found here: https://theflamingoladynails.com/pages/covid-19-prevention-policy-page.
With the holiday rush upon us, upwards of 6 million packages A DAY are being delayed. CVID-19 outbreaks are closing sorting facilities, and trucks are lined up waiting to load up on redirected shipments. Both FedEx and UPS have cut off intake for many retailers, resulting in even more mail headed to our post offices. Employees and customers are both completely stressed and worn out wondering when their packages will arrive.
What does this mean for you and your TFLNails order?
- Order Tracking - The USPS is definitely struggling to make sure every package is scanned for tracking updates. You may notice the same tracking status for days, then it magically shows up.
- Longer Times in Transit - Honest to goodness, we just had a customer report to us that her order showed up after 6 months in transit! Patience isn't just a virtue, it's a must!
What can you do?
Well, honestly, not a lot.
- You can open a missing mail request here, https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm, but I can only imagine how many of these requests they have received, so I wouldn't expect an answer any time soon.
- Be kind to your delivery workers. I know if I was one, I'd probably have a good cry every day after work.
- Be patient - I'm sure they are doing the best they can
In closing, yes, it's frustrating, yes, it's the holidays, yes, we all want our nail orders! We are in this together, and we are all waiting for our orders. I sure do wish I had a magic wand to end the pandemic havoc, but, alas, I do not. So until that happens, I will wait for my packages right along side you!
Written By: Liz Ortega
Hi! I’m Rachel & well I guess I’m the Flamingo Lady. There is a whole team & community behind me, so, this is way more than me, but I guess it started with me, a very awkward, very weird girl, who loved color & makeup & all thing girly with just a bit of edge. (I like to say I’m majestically awkward!)
Anyway, since I was born in 1970, nail polish was well kind of on the boring side. I was the weird kid mixing colors to get the perfect shade adding, mixing, & blending ‘til I came up with the perfect mix of magical polish. Meanwhile, my mom had no clue I was altering all her makeup. (Oops, guess she does now.) I mean who wanted boring orange & brown nails.
I knew early on my dream job was to name nail polish. I just had to figure out a way to make it happen. It may have taken me awhile to get here having worked in leadership positions with prestige retail cosmetics for years, followed by technology sales & taking some time as a preschool teacher & even doing courier work. It was finally time to make my dreams come true.
I knew it was important to find absolutely incredible, good for you, nail care. Most of what is out there is well kind of scary. So, I made it my mission to find the absolute best in good for you, 10 free or better nail care that is beyond beautiful & will make you feel amazing & be affordable. So, in July of 2017, The Flamingo Lady Nails was born & well, now I get to name nail polish & you get to have amazing natural nails with millions of options.
Peace, Love, Nails & Flamingos Rachel B